[SOLVED] NVMe M.2 Not showing in bios or disk manager

Dec 27, 2020
Problem:
MY 970 Evo plus NVMe M.2 2tb ssd in not showing in bios of my ROG crosshair 7 hero (non-wifi) or disk manager, I am somewhat new to computers and this is a upgrade to a pc i made with help. works fine just drive is not showing up

What I have tried:
I updated the bios and have tried both slots. I also messed around with some bios settings but restore to default after

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
Cooler - Coolermaster AIO
Motherboard - ROG crosshair 7 hero (non-wifi)
GPU: Gigabite 2070
Storage - 1 Optical drive - 250gb 2.5" ssd - 1tb Hdd + M.2 in question
Ram - 16gb(2*8gb) vengence 3000ghz

Solution
If you tried on both M.2 slots, there is the possibility that the 970 Evo plus NVMe could be faulty. It won't be the first time.

Also check that the right screw stand was used.
When installing the M.2 SSD with the heatsink you should use the tall screw stand and without the heatsink you should use the shorter screw stand...otherwise the M.2 SSD might not make proper contact with the M.2 socket
If you tried on both M.2 slots, there is the possibility that the 970 Evo plus NVMe could be faulty. It won't be the first time.

When installing the M.2 SSD with the heatsink you should use the tall screw stand and without the heatsink you should use the shorter screw stand...otherwise the M.2 SSD might not make proper contact with the M.2 socket

Solution
Dec 27, 2020

Yea I made sure it was the right screw. thanks for the sugestion.