[SOLVED] NVME or SATA SSD for music production?

Mar 17, 2020
Hello all! As the title says I wonder what storage solution you think would be best for music production. I've heard that the lifespan of NVME drives is worse than regular SSD's, is that true?

Thanks!

Solution
Its all the same chips. Maybe the fact that NVME is mounted directly to the board hurts it a slight bit, but I can't imagine it makes that much difference.

NVME is going to be minutely faster, not drastically faster, because the chips themselves don't transmit much faster than SATA3.

End of the day; I can't imagine it matters, but redundant RAID arrays MIGHT be easier with SATA

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
Its all the same chips. Maybe the fact that NVME is mounted directly to the board hurts it a slight bit, but I can't imagine it makes that much difference.

NVME is going to be minutely faster, not drastically faster, because the chips themselves don't transmit much faster than SATA3.

End of the day; I can't imagine it matters, but redundant RAID arrays MIGHT be easier with SATA

Solution
Mar 17, 2020

Ok thank you very much!