Question NVMe Samsung SSD 970 getting too hot

priyatham_9

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
Guys mines new pc bought 3 months back Cabinet h500m processor 3900x and ram gskill tridentz rgb 3000mhz 2x8gb ram, and aorus x570 master wifi motherboard. Recently today i found my pc has been restarting without any error when playing games. Tried 2 games after half and hr or so pc restarts without any warning. I am noob at identifying problems in pc but using speed fan to check temperature gpu and other temperatures are cool except my hd2 is idle at 50c and it goes up 60+. Could this be the problem thats causing the restarts?, Btw i cleaned ram by taking them from 2 and 4 slots and wiping the dust off them and placed in 1 and 3 slots, but still pc restarts. Please help me....

priyatham_9

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
Sorry for my late response, below is my system specification.

Cpu -- amd 3900x
Mobo- x570 aorus master
Ram -- Gskill trident rgb 2x8gb 3200mhz (sorry i typed wrong on my first post as 3000 its 3200mhz
PSU -- Cooler master 750 Watt
CPU Cooler -- NZXT kraken x62
Graphic card -- 2080 super
Hard disk WD blue - 1tb, samsung SSD PM830 2.5"" 7mm 256GB and
Nvme samsung SSD 970 500gb.
Monitor- Acer 27 FHD LED 1080P 144hz gaming monitor KG1 series,
Cabinet -- H500m.

I don't think an SSD heating to a certain temp will cause hard resets, but, rather complete/total freezes were observed during the overheating RGB on SSDs fiasco a few months back... You can research 'overheating RGB SSDs' on YOutube, I think it was Jayz2cents that did a video about the issue, so, he'd know what temps are too high...but I think his issue was standard 2.5" SATA temps due only to RGB lighting)

You could also open the case and aim any $2 case fan across the SSD to see if it helps...

You can certainly rule that out by using an ordinary SATA SSD for testing...; if the system still hard resets, I'd consider the SD temps unrelated...

priyatham_9

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
I don't think an SSD heating to a certain temp will cause hard resets, but, rather complete/total freezes were observed during the overheating RGB on SSDs fiasco a few months back... You can research 'overheating RGB SSDs' on YOutube, I think it was Jayz2cents that did a video about the issue, so, he'd know what temps are too high...but I think his issue was standard 2.5" SATA temps due only to RGB lighting)

You could also open the case and aim any $2 case fan across the SSD to see if it helps...

You can certainly rule that out by using an ordinary SATA SSD for testing...; if the system still hard resets, I'd consider the SD temps unrelated...
Hey ty for replying, there is no rgb on my ssd it's there only on my cabinet fans and ram. Yesterday went to the shop where I bought my PC and told him the problem, he did format and update my bios and other drivers. We streamed couple of 4k vids and watched there was no restart so I bought it back home. But as I connected my PC last night and started a game BOOM same restarts now restarts are happening so frequently without displaying, I mean my mobo logo is also not displaying before it displays again another restart. So I turned off my PC. And one thing I noticed is that there is a USB pin that is so loose as I pull that wire attached to mobo without using any energy its removed easily like it's so loose. I spoke to that shop guy today early morning now he's saying it could be ram problem says use single ram and check it's working or not. Man I hate this place hard to find any PC technician enthusiast all they do is format and done... I didn't insert any extra fans, I am using just the fans I get from h500m and kraken x62 rbg fans. So do I replace those fans with normal farms like u said btw I am from India.

Last edited: