Question NVMe SSD keeps disappearing at random times ?

Dec 10, 2023
Laptop model: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57

Specs

Intel Core i9 11900H
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060
16 GB RAM
Samsung MZVLQ512HBLU 512 GB (OS drive)
WDC PC SN530 1TB (the disappearing drive that i use to store games)

Hello! so recently my SSD has been disappearing mostly when my laptop was idle but a few restarts and it will show up again. the SSD that is disappearing is only used to store games and not OS so whenever i'm in game and suddenly it will crash and when i check on This PC it only shows one SSD that i had when buying the laptop and not the one that i purchased for storing games (the second SSD is WDC PC SN530 1TB.

So i'm kinda lost right now since i check with CrystalDiskInfo it shows that my ssd is in good health 100% and running S.M.A.R.T Scan with SSD Dashboard from Western Digital shows no issues at all.
I also checked the Event Viewer and it shows this:
"Event ID : 51 An error was detected during paging operation" and "Disk suprise removal".

Things that i had tried to troubleshoot:
  • Changing AHCI Link power management settings to Active
  • Updating Intel RST

My laptop has recently been cleaned out and Windows has been reinstalled so i don't really know what happened, so please do help me and thank you so much.

Lutfij

Titan
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57
Did you check to see if the BIOS is pending an update?

the windows has been reinstalled
Where did your source the installer for the OS? Speaking of OS, which Windows are you working with?

Did you manually reinstalling all chipset related drivers for your platform in an elevated command?

Dec 10, 2023
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57
Did you check to see if the BIOS is pending an update?

the windows has been reinstalled
Where did your source the installer for the OS? Speaking of OS, which Windows are you working with?

Did you manually reinstalling all chipset related drivers for your platform in an elevated command?
-I just found out that there is a new BIOS update from acer website for my laptop so i might try updating the BIOS

-my OS is Windows 11 home edition.
i got my windows reinstalled by the Acer official service center when i was sending them the laptop due to constant crash issue and also got hardware clean and repasted along with the windows reinstalled.

about the driver i only update the one that i got notified from intel driver support assistant along with geforce game ready driver and yeah thats about what drivers i did update myself.

Update: I just checked my BIOS and it's already up to date.

Laptop model: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57

Specs

Intel Core i9 11900H
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060
16 GB RAM
Samsung MZVLQ512HBLU 512 GB (OS drive)
WDC PC SN530 1TB (the disappearing drive that i use to store games)

Hello! so recently my SSD has been disappearing mostly when my laptop was idle but a few restarts and it will show up again. the SSD that is disappearing is only used to store games and not OS so whenever i'm in game and suddenly it will crash and when i check on This PC it only shows one SSD that i had when buying the laptop and not the one that i purchased for storing games (the second SSD is WDC PC SN530 1TB.

So i'm kinda lost right now since i check with CrystalDiskInfo it shows that my ssd is in good health 100% and running S.M.A.R.T Scan with SSD Dashboard from Western Digital shows no issues at all.
I also checked the Event Viewer and it shows this:
"Event ID : 51 An error was detected during paging operation" and "Disk suprise removal".

Things that i had tried to troubleshoot:
  • Changing AHCI Link power management settings to Active
  • Updating Intel RST

My laptop has recently been cleaned out and Windows has been reinstalled so i don't really know what happened, so please do help me and thank you so much.
Reseat the disk a couple of times in the slot.....test.