[SOLVED] NVME Temperature Constantly above 50 Degree????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2021
System!
Custom Build

Motherboard! MSI mag z390 tomahawk
Processor! I7 9700
RAMS: 8+8 =16GB SAMSUNG
GPU! Amd raedon 580
Heat sink fan work fine
Rear Fan working fine
frontal panel fan doing job wel

Storage!

Primary#Windows 10 only
NVME SSD M2 TOSHIBA 512 GB

2ndry#
Samsung SATA SSD 250 GB

3rd# WESTERN DIGITAL 1 TB

QUESTION IS

Nvme ssd temperature always showing me temp above 50 even after boot

2ndry Samsung SSD SATA 28 centigrade

3rd! WD Showing 25 centigrade

Is it normal?
And whats the possible solution to Tackle this
2nd m2 slot which might have sink but i dont want to place there beneth that cover because then it wil be rite below to my gpu.

So
Pros are welcome to provide their expert opinions please

my own 960 EVO sits at ~38-41C, so, 50C under no load seems a bit warm, but, as long as it is not throttling to lower speeds under heavy write loads...

Is your case overly small, and/or perhaps trapping GPU heat? (Perhaps open the case, and check the temp as measured in CrystalDiskInfo immediately after bootup) IF using a factory cooler that blows a little air straight down only, perhaps not even a breeze makes it to the NVME drive. You can experiment with a $3 case fan directed across the NVME drive to see if any real differences are observed, perhaps that particular NVME drive just runs a tad warmer than others..

Last edited:
Direct comparisons are deceptive. Some SATA SSDs have a discrete temperature sensor IC, which means that they sense the air temperature. Other SSDs sense the temperature of the flash controller's die, which is considerably higher.

NVMe SSDs are even more deceptive in that they report a "composite" temperature which is some kind of undefined weighted average. It is usually a lot less than the actual core temperature of the controller.

Jan 21, 2021
Nah
I dnt think my GPU is the root cause of this
Both other hard drives are sitting there quite comfartably and in well ventilated Casing left side of casing is of Glass which is already half open!

I strongly agree
That this SSD is little diffren then other! I am not sure of the phenomena why temperature is rising up with minimum work or no work

As far as i noticed via disk management.
Cmd disk list
Via other 1,2 apps

Disk health is Gud
No speed lag
Perfomence wise Gud

Should i Keep using that? And see later

Or
Wil it creat any trouble for mobo?

Jan 21, 2021
Checked the details
Max at 80 degree it can work well
Just Benchmarked
Temperature raised from 32 Degree rite after starting to 51 Degree during Benchmark with score of 147

Status
Not open for further replies.