[SOLVED] NVMEs failing, what's the deal?

Jul 24, 2021
I built a new PC around 6 months ago. It contained a 1t Silicon Power nvme ssd and worked great for 4 months. Then, BSODs occurred and the PC would boot into bios with the nvme not detected. A manual power button restart and it would boot into Windows again, weird. Finally after a few instances of this, PC can only boot into BIOS and no storage detected. The drive finally failed and all my data lost.
Two months ago, purchased a new nvme from Sabrent thinking it would be more reliable, but lo and behold after the same BSOD and restart shenanigans, it failed as well.

System Specs:
Asrock B550 phantom itx
Gskill trident neo 2x16gb 3600mhz
Sabrent rocket 4.0 1tb
Ryzen 5900x
3080fe
Corsair sf750

What could be the culprit? NVMEs themselves? Mobo? PSU? I'd really like some help because I'd hate to get a new drive just for it to inevitably fail. Help is needed! Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
unless you are buying very cheap low quality drives they do not have a high failure rate.
either way, the manufacturer should honor the warranty and offer to repair or replace the drive.
hopefully they would report what the issue was if they diagnosed the drive.

it's possible your motherboard is causing damage but unlikely.

it's also possible you have a corrupt OS or even malware causing issues.

as usual here, post your entire system specs when asking for computer system help.
unless you are buying very cheap low quality drives they do not have a high failure rate.
either way, the manufacturer should honor the warranty and offer to repair or replace the drive.

as usual here, post your entire system specs when asking for computer system help.

Reactions: hangerg
Solution
Jul 24, 2021

Thanks for the advice! It is just strange to me a second drive failed in the same way, indicating it may not be the drives faults?

cmw_a1

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
Check your power supply. Buy a cheap supply tester or check voltages with software. Odds are the MB would filter it by the time I gets to the SSD but you should check that out.

Conor

Reactions: hangerg

TRENDING THREADS