NZXT’s Source 340 Chassis Brings Sexy To Budget Builds, Omits Optical Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

permanoob

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
It's nice to see them doing away with the 3 1/2 and 5 1/4 bays. I can't remember the last time I used anything in those slots. This case is just dead sexy and at a great price.

Ben Van Deventer

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
What the flippin hell! I have been waiting for a proper optical-less case like this for years. I just recently replaced my 7 year old case with a Fractal R2 (which is super sexy and I love it but come on.)

Gazabi

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
The front intake-in my opinion-will probably be a issue. It seems to be even more restrictive than the H440's.

It's still only $20 more than the 210 elite or the 220, and at only $60 is definitely going to be a recommendation over some of the $40 cases out there for budget builds.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Wow, nice and sleek for a $70 case. If I were in the market I would seriously consider it, even with the lack of an optical bay (which I still use, but I guess not enough to dedicate so much space to)

jonadam23

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I've been looking for a case to replace my source 210 and this seems to fit the bill! I would have liked to see an additional cut out on the psu shroud for builds with shorter gpus but overall this case seems to be perfect. Ill wait for the reviews to buy one though!

Zeroplanetz

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I understand the non optical bay but bring something sexy out with an optical bay as well! not everyone wants to go bay less. OR how about you bring the ability to add one of those super slim drives that doesn't have a slide out tray? you know where you just put the disc in and it spits it out? that would look amazing on something like this too.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I understand the non optical bay but bring something sexy out with an optical bay as well! not everyone wants to go bay less. OR how about you bring the ability to add one of those super slim drives that doesn't have a slide out tray? you know where you just put the disc in and it spits it out? that would look amazing on something like this too.

Umm, NZXT has PLENTY of really cool looking and functional cases with 5.25-inch bays.

NZXT is just KILLING it with cases recently!!

You mean "always", or at least "ever since Phantom Classic" :D

get an usb based optical drive... I got one here work like a charm. When u need it just plug'n'play

Pretty much exactly the same thing I tell my clients who whine when I advise them a laptop without a DVD drive. Waste of space, outdated media.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
FFS NZXT!!! make the PSU shroud removable!!

It was a PIA to install my PSU and tie down the cables in the H440 before I installed anything else. Not to mention that when I went back to add another cable a month after building the system, pluggin it in blind was a challenge.

bangs777

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
i love the looks of the h440 and now this at a cheaper price..optical driveless cages are fine even if i need it time to time..i can get an external one just for the rare use.. my only concern is the airflow..not having owned a meshless front intake..i am wondering if the heat is a real concern with high end gpu's in a tropical environment with only air cooling..no AIO or any other liquid cooling..

nazgron

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Damn this wins <$100 market imo.
And who needs an internal optical drive when you can always get an external one with extreme mobility & usability for cheap price?
I've been using external drive since 2006 in the early day of external 3.5" drives, no regret till now.

I think they could have added a space for a vertical, slot-loading slimline SATA ODD pretty easily. That would have satisfied those who wanted such a drive (like a Bluray drive), and it could have been easily removed for those who don't want it. All for $0.25 worth of steel for a latch-on drive cage.

Vipinven1987

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
I own this and trust me, it never fails to impress, simple, neat and very friendly interior's :) if i could afford the Asus' X99 Deluxe, which matches the same color scheme, i would be in heaven :)

Status
Not open for further replies.