Question NZXT fans stop spinning when CAM opens up

iXorizon

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2016
Whenever i power on my PC, the 3 intake fans on the front spin up and work fine, until I go into windows and CAM starts up, then they immediately stop spinning. and won't start again until i restart CAM.

Mar 5, 2020
I have exactly the same issue. Been in touch with NZXT who have been helpful so far to be fair but the problem still persists. I think its because the front 3 fans are 3 pin voltage regulated fans and all the others are 4 pin PWM. Unfortunately a restart doesn't always fix the issue as on restart the fans will spin but you cant choose silent or performance mode on them as it does nothing.

It's definately an issue with the CAM software.

Apr 11, 2020
I have the very same issue with a NZXT h710i case and the 3 front voltage regulated fans that came with the case.

NZXT says the Smart Device v2 supports both PWM and voltage regulated 3-pin fans, but it's a lie. The only way I got that module to work correctly? Installating PWM 4pin fans only in the case.

Mar 5, 2020
I had to do the same thing @Phazon, I gave up on trying to get it sorted with NZXT. Replaced the three front fans with PWM and had zero issues since. It's the first time i've used there products but the software CAM is rubbish. There solution appeared to be to put the rear fan on the same connector as one as the front. However, rear fan was 140mm and front fans 120mm with different revolution rates, so not good to put on the same channel.

I work as a developer myself, and sometimes dabble in electronics, only problem being the NZXT CAM software is constantly polling ALL COM ports, meaning the programming software can't talk to the boards!

Mar 5, 2020
I’d reinstall CAM, contact NZXT if the issue persist. They have really good customer support.
I did try and although friendly enough, they didn't admit it was a problem with the fans, they even tried another smart device. H710i should definitely be PWM fans ONLY on the smart device. Many Thank though!

Mar 5, 2020
I had to do the same thing @Phazon, I gave up on trying to get it sorted with NZXT. Replaced the three front fans with PWM and had zero issues since. It's the first time i've used there products but the software CAM is rubbish. There solution appeared to be to put the rear fan on the same connector as one as the front. However, rear fan was 140mm and front fans 120mm with different revolution rates, so not good to put on the same channel.

I work as a developer myself, and sometimes dabble in electronics, only problem being the NZXT CAM software is constantly polling ALL COM ports, meaning the programming software can't talk to the boards!
Also replaced the 140mm rear fan with PWM too to be sure