[SOLVED] NZXT H510i w/ Gigabyte AM4 B450 Aorus Elite front/top audio i/o mic not working

Jun 5, 2021
Hi everyone ,

My pc is a nzxt h510i case pared with a gigabyte aorus b450 elite mobo.

The cases front/top audio i/o that comes with a splitter is working for audio, however the mic portion of it isn't working.

Does anyone have any idea why? Because it's a combo for audio and mic together in a single i/o, so should there be cable connected to it on the mobo or is it just a missing driver or something.

Because the audio is working fine, and it's a combo. I'm assuming it's not the build and i'm missing something else.

Sorry for being a complete PC dummy. Please help if anyone has any idea.

Solution
The NZXT comes with a single monolithic connector for the front panel audio and mic. You have to verify your motherboard pin out.

In the kit with the NZXT there is also the adaptor for breaking out the audio and mic to the single connectors.

Again, refer to the owners manual for both the board and the case.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the internal front panel audio connector is hooked up correctly to the motherboard, you should be looking towards the audio drivers for your motherboard. Before that, make sure you're on the latest OS version(21H1 for Windows 10) and that you're on the latest BIOS version, then uninstall your audio drivers, reinstalling the latest sourced from Gigabyte's support site, installing in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: krlee
Jun 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the internal front panel audio connector is hooked up correctly to the motherboard, you should be looking towards the audio drivers for your motherboard. Before that, make sure you're on the latest OS version(21H1 for Windows 10) and that you're on the latest BIOS version, then uninstall your audio drivers, reinstalling the latest sourced from Gigabyte's support site, installing in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I'm pretty sure it's hooked up correctly internally, because the audio output is working fine, it's just the mic.

Are you familiar with the built of the case? Mine was built by the store i bought it from, i'm not so sure about building a pc.

Just wondering that since it's a 2 in 1 port, how does the internal build work? Does it have like two separate slots one for mic and one for sound or is it the same slot on the mobo?

Thanks for trying to help. Really appreciate it a lot : D

The NZXT comes with a single monolithic connector for the front panel audio and mic. You have to verify your motherboard pin out.

In the kit with the NZXT there is also the adaptor for breaking out the audio and mic to the single connectors.

Reactions: krlee and Adam0ne
Solution
Jun 5, 2021

yea, the case part is well understood, but the front panel audio works for me, but yea. i just wanna clarify the mother pin out for the mic. Thanks for clarifying.

Do you have any idea how to check a motherboard mic pin out for my particular case?