Jul 25, 2021
I have a corsair HX1200
EVGA 3070 XC3
TUF 3080 OC

My question is will all of them fit in the NZXT H710?

Solution
Sorry to bother you but is there any cases where that doesn’t happen?
I mean apart from extremely large ones like thermaltake level 20GT
I would buy a better case with better airflow from the front the 710 is fairly poor.

For the cards I guess your going to be mining with them this puts a lot of heat on the Vram. One card is a 2.7 slot the other is a 2.2 slot so you will need to just see where you get the best spacing on the motherboard.

EDIT if your using a case with a PSU shroud I might even consider looking for one with 8 expansion slots instead of 7 just the get the bottom card more clearance.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So I should go for it right?
Considering thermals do you mean the case it self( I will be using noctua fans) or the cards?
Go for it if you really need to.
My concern for thermals is not directly with the chassis, or Noctua fans, but the coolers on the cards themselves.
Those types do not cool as well when the spacing is tight:
-the bottom gpu could get choked by the psu/psu cables/storage cage. They restrict airflow coming from the bottom - the shroud restricts airflow a little, even though there's holes there.
-the top gpu could get choked by the bottom one if it's close enough.

Blower coolers are better when stacking gpus; they excel in tight spacing, but the problem with them is noise.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Where what doesn't happen?
If you're asking about the cooler, it's a weakness of its design. They do cool better than blowers, if there's at least 25mm of space of breathing room from the fans. More space is always better for them though.

If you're asking about the bottom gpu, I guess you could look at chassis that have the psu away from the bottom and off to the side, like the O11 Dynamic, for example... but then there's still the space between the top and bottom gpu to examine.

Try it out and see what happens. You already have the H710 too, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: BatManMD

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I mean apart from extremely large ones like thermaltake level 20GT
I would buy a better case with better airflow from the front the 710 is fairly poor.

For the cards I guess your going to be mining with them this puts a lot of heat on the Vram. One card is a 2.7 slot the other is a 2.2 slot so you will need to just see where you get the best spacing on the motherboard.

EDIT if your using a case with a PSU shroud I might even consider looking for one with 8 expansion slots instead of 7 just the get the bottom card more clearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: BatManMD
Solution
Jul 25, 2021
Where what doesn't happen?
If you're asking about the cooler, it's a weakness of its design. They do cool better than blowers, if there's at least 25mm of space of breathing room from the fans. More space is always better for them though.

If you're asking about the bottom gpu, I guess you could look at chassis that have the psu away from the bottom and off to the side, like the O11 Dynamic, for example... but then there's still the space between the top and bottom gpu to examine.

Try it out and see what happens. You already have the H710 too, right?
The thing is where I live”Egypt” I don’t have many options in the same price range or even the option to buy ( not available in the first place the O11 dynamic) I already have the XPG invader case I don’t have the H710 yet the H710 seems to be bigger considering all around dimensions so I guess more breathing area? I’m bad with airflow mechanics

Mining is the not main reason I’m using it for its gaming on one and doing work on the other.
The placing on the motherboard can’t go any other way than 3080 on top due to exposed GDDR6X which I wouldn’t choke but putting something above it.
sadly we don’t have a case with 8 slots or even the power supply shroud to the side.

Edit: I’m using a NH-D15 should I swap to AIO? So no more hot air would be in The case? Or it won’t matter that much?
Edit 2: TUF GT 501 is a last resort case same price range just came in yesterday to the local shops, let me what you think.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The thing is where I live”Egypt” I don’t have many options in the same price range or even the option to buy ( not available in the first place the O11 dynamic) I already have the XPG invader case I don’t have the H710 yet the H710 seems to be bigger considering all around dimensions so I guess more breathing area? I’m bad with airflow mechanics
I see.
This is a bit long - I'll try to keep it as short.

What is Causing this Throttling?

"So what is going on here? Why are these cards having such problems with heat and downclocking, when past NVIDIA GeForce cards we have tested - including former Founders Edition models - have always done so well with multi-GPU rendering?

The answer lies in the heatsink and fan layout on these new cards. Past Founders Edition and "reference" style GeForce cards have had a single fan, near the front of the card, blowing back across the heatsink and exhausting the bulk of the hot air out the rear of the case. These new models, however, have dual fans - and the fins on the heatsink are arranged vertically, rather than horizontally. That means that they do not push hot air out the back of the system, but instead vent it up into the computer. Even in our open-air testbed system, this ends up being a far poorer cooling setup when cards are installed back-to-back, which is required when putting three or four of them on a single motherboard. One card by itself does okay this way, though it will heat up the inside of a chassis more than the blower-style cooling system, and even two cards - if separated by a slot or two - seem to do fine... but when they are put next to each other, this dual fan cooling layout proves to be a huge problem for GPU intensive workloads like rendering."
pic_disp.php
This doesn't apply to just 'RTX coolers' as stated in the article, but ALL axial fan coolers with the fin stacks aimed towards the sides of the gpu.
A blower gpu:
iu
An axial gpu:
ASUS-ROG-Strix-GeForce-GTX-1080-open-air-fan-cooler.jpg

The Vision D motherboard appears to have a 2 slot gap between the 2 PCIe slots, so it may actually be fine, but it's something to watch out for, because some of these RTX gpus are thick.
From what I've looked up, the EVGA card is 2.2 slots thick - about average. The TUF is 2.7 slots thick - pretty hefty. At the very least, I'd suggest you don't make the TUF card the top one.
See what happens, though I reckon it's my fault for setting off the panic button... sorry.

Edit: I’m using a NH-D15 should I swap to AIO? So no more hot air would be in The case? Or it won’t matter that much?
AIOs are not a magical fix.
The problem is the axial fan coolers dumping most of their heat into the chassis. The gpu at the bottom heats up the one above it, and that one heats up the one above it, and so on.

Jul 25, 2021
The Vision D motherboard appears to have a 2 slot gap between the 2 PCIe slots, so it may actually be fine, but it's something to watch out for, because some of these RTX gpus are thick.
From what I've looked up, the EVGA card is 2.2 slots thick - about average. The TUF is 2.7 slots thick - pretty hefty.
God so I might have an issue with the motherboard in the first place!!

At the very least, I'd suggest you don't make the TUF card the top one.
the only reason that i was gonna put the 3080 on top is due to the GDDR6X VRAM but I guess I need a new motherboard anyways...

TUF GT 501 is a last resort case same price range just came in yesterday to the local shops, let me what you think.
Thanks in advance!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, it's possible, but test and find out first if you are able.

the only reason that i was gonna put the 3080 on top is due to the GDDR6X VRAM but I guess I need a new motherboard anyways...

TUF GT 501 is a last resort case same price range just came in yesterday to the local shops, let me what you think.
Thanks in advance!
Yeah, GDDR6X sucks, but the 3080 being on top of the 3070 would've been worse, IMO. the thicker card's fans would be that much closer to the back of the bottom one as opposed to vice versa.

TUF GT501 doesn't look that much different from the H710 - at least functionally. The top exhaust is more streamlined; straight shots in and out are better for airflow than it having to turn.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
H710 is slightly worse at exhausting air.
See, the H710 is NZXT's brute force solution to the H500's airflow problem: 'More fans equal more better'. They succeeded in thermal performance, but it has the potential to be noisy if not set up correctly.

Jul 25, 2021
Good news!
I found an "exotic" store for pc hardware and they sell LINA LI CASE !!!
I was thinking about the O11 dynamic XL more space more airflow for the 2 cards, etc.
Sooo what do you think about fan configuration in it? all noctua fans ofc.
should I give symmetry and aesthetics a lot of thought in the fan configuration? Idk what is your suggestion?
I'm gonna use the NH-D15 WITH ONE 140 mm fan and one 120 cuz of the ram clearance

Here is the all cases of LINA LI that he sells If you have any other suggestions for another case

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@BatManMD
Ok, so you have these 2 gpus, which when run together, is gonna make some heat, and that heat needs to get out of the box. The faster, the better.
You'll have to prioritize more exhausts over intakes in a build like this, so:
Bottom(intake): 2x 140mm
Side(exhaust): 3x 120mm
Top(exhaust): 2x 140mm
Rear(exhaust): 120mm

As for alternatives, ~ehh, not too many come to mind. There's the lookalike Antec P120 Crystal, and there's Phanteks' Enthoo Pro 2, but it's even bigger than the O11 XL is.

TRENDING THREADS