NZXT Introduces Its First Mini-ITX Case, The Manta

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Also I cannot help but notice there is not dust filter on the front intake by looking ad the pictures provided.

Actually, it does have a front intake filter.

Also, the PSU cabling is easily accessible from the backside and I don't see how you could expect it to be any smaller and still have the kind of liquid cooling support it has. I think this could be a terrific case for some folks and honestly, this aesthetic in a rather larger mid tower might be very successful.

qn2nug.jpg

Thanks for the photo, my initial comment was based on the photos on the article on this site. I had to go to another site after to see a complete review to see a more in-depth review to see the filter along with more things :)

No problem. This is actually a very nice little case, for what it is, which apparently is NOT what many people WANT it to be. I can think of five recent posts where members were looking for something just like this, with these kind of dimensions to fit into a particular shelf or other space, but did not want the limitations of a VERY small case, while at the same time not having room for the somewhat larger cases typically seen in micro-ATX and mid-tower sizes. I think there will be a niche for this, but I guess we'll see.

I do however think it would be far more successful if they included mATX motherboard support.

Avenger762

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
The White/black version would pair nicely with the Lotus Turbo Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me or any other 70's/80's underwater action films. Jacques Cousteau would be proud.

linkinpark187

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
While it looks great, it seems to be far to big to be considered Mini-ITX. I have a BitFenix Prodigy, and even that I feel is borderline (especially since you have the same sized Prodigy M which houses Micro-ATX boards). The great thing about the prodigy, though, is that you have a great place to tuck away extra cables, plenty of room on the inside to work, all kinds of expansion options, but not with the price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.