[SOLVED] nzxt kraken 53 not detecting fans

Deathstroke_Nzl

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2015
So i’ve noticed this seems to be a common problem as i see a lot of people have asked about this so surely someone must of found a fix.

My problem is my RGB fans that came with the kraken 53 are stuck on white led and isn’t recognised in the cam software. The pump is recognised, the fans spin, everything seems normal apart from
the fact the fans aren’t recognised and are only stuck on white led.

I’ve tried multiple methods, i’ve done a complete uninstall of nzxt software using revo, i’ve then reinstalled
cam which has not worked, i’ve tried swapping out the usb cables that the cooler/pump is connected to (same problem persists). I have no other lighting software. I’ve downloaded the chipset driver from nzxt site called AseUsb and that did not work.

It’s getting to the point where i’m even considering a windows reinstall to see if that will work. Surely there must be a fix out there since i see multiple threads about this.

The only other option after windows reinstall is getting a replacement but that’s going to mean i won’t be able to use my pc for a few weeks at most which isn’t really do-able.

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

This cooler?

https://www.datocms-assets.com/34299/1634198300-coolingkraken-z-rgb-digital-manual-en-pdf-2109.pdf

Review the manual to ensure that all components are correctly installed.

Double check all connections per Section 3.5 beginning on physically numbered Page 20.

Could be that one of the connections is not completely seated. No one wants to force a connection on a new build so what feels connected may actually not be fully connected.

After verifying the connections are correct carefully unplug and replug each connector a few times. Inspect plugs and ports for signs of damage.

Hopefully just a loose connection.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

This cooler?

https://www.datocms-assets.com/34299/1634198300-coolingkraken-z-rgb-digital-manual-en-pdf-2109.pdf

Review the manual to ensure that all components are correctly installed.

Double check all connections per Section 3.5 beginning on physically numbered Page 20.

Could be that one of the connections is not completely seated. No one wants to force a connection on a new build so what feels connected may actually not be fully connected.

After verifying the connections are correct carefully unplug and replug each connector a few times. Inspect plugs and ports for signs of damage.

Hopefully just a loose connection.

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
One thing to check. The rad fans on that system are designed for a daisy-chain connection - that is, only ONE fan connects to the source (an output arm of the multi-header cable from the Pump), and then all subsequent fans connect to a previous FAN in the chain. On each fan there are two sockets for this marked IN and OUT. You must be SURE that you plug the cable from the Pump into the IN socket of the first fan. Then the next cable must go from that fan's OUT socket to the IN socket of the second, and so on for the third.

Also check in Windows Device Manager among the USB 2 devices whether or not the AIO pump of this system is being detected and has it proper driver installed. That link is how the CAM software communicates with the pump to control all its functions including the lights in the fans.

TRENDING THREADS