[SOLVED] NZXT Kraken X63 Placement

Slazoq

Commendable
Apr 12, 2020
I'm installing a NZXT Kraken x63 on my NZXT H510 Elite and want to know the best place to put it and how to put it there. Thanks!

Solution
The front is the only place you can put it.
Install it as intake - fans pushing air through the rad and into the case. The radiator should be oriented that the tubing enters it from the bottom.

Slazoq

Commendable
Apr 12, 2020
You're aiming for a push-pull with the case fans + rad fans? That's going to eat into the gpu space.
I dont really know how I should put it. What is the best way to install the radiator? I'm pretty new with liquid cooling so don't know the steps to installing it on the front, or really the configurations of cooling

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's a mounting bracket in the case. You're going to have to slide that out, remove the stock fans, secure the radiator and it's fans to the bracket, and slide the bracket back in.
315851a18c09001c6edba909a31ee5f3.jpg

Like the above, but do a 180 for the rad, if possible.

Slazoq

Commendable
Apr 12, 2020
There's a mounting bracket in the case. You're going to have to slide that out, remove the stock fans, secure the radiator and it's fans to the bracket, and slide the bracket back in.
315851a18c09001c6edba909a31ee5f3.jpg

Like the above, but do a 180 for the rad, if possible.
Ok, and i just don't use the case fans for anything after taking them out?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I just registered for that question:

What is the point of this?
You know that AIOs aren't topped off with fluid, so air is present in the loop.
With a front mounted rad with the tubing entering from the bottom, what will happen is that the pump will push the air in the loop into the rad, where it will then rise to the opposite end and get trapped there.

With a front mounted rad with tubing entering at the top, the air pockets/bubbles aren't trapped in any single place, instead kinda going back and forth in the tubing between the pump and the rad.
This exposes the pump to air - the pump should stay 'lubricated' at all times when in use - and wears the pump out faster over time.