NZXT Launches RGB LED Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
They should invest more into quality components. Looks mean next to nothing if it doesn't work well. I wonder if this will last longer than my Sentry that died less than four months of use? Hopefully customers get their money worth.

cee2cee

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Can the controller handle this fan?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyM [...] re=related220 CFM Delta Extreme Speed Fan. I've heard that the fan can fry some controllers because they couldn't handle the fan's power draw.[/citation]

Did you read the article? Are you even capable of reading? This controller changes LED colors in your case, not fan speeds.

cee2cee

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Wow, I feel like an idiot. I was reading another website's review for a fan controller and must've mixed it up. Sorry.[/citation]

All good mate. Sorry for questioning your reading abilities. You must just be a good multitasker :D

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Not sure whats going on here. I went to the companies website and looked up the technical specs. This said nothing about how to connect to LEDs. I then clicked on download manual and received a "document not found error"...

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
yeah! let's 32USD for a simple hardware we can build from scratch for 10USD!
Sure it's a good deal...if you are looking for wasting money.
It's not as if it was a critical function and that if a mistake could make the CPU burn or whatever. So why buy this and not build it? Anyway blind consuming always put me into such an astonishment...

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]Should've had software control like Alienware has. I would love to see those LEDs change color based on CPU and GPU temperature.[/citation]

That is pretty cool. Doesn't need to be over the top but a subtle blue hue that changes to a subtle red hue as temp rises - I like the sound of that.

draphius

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
u can allready do this and for cheaper then what nzxt offers. instead of having to use a drive bay u can hide it away inside your case and use an rf remote to control everything from a distance if u want. they also come with more features depending on how much u want to spend... its still less then what they offer in the end and it will be a better product. i think i spent $55-60 US for my setup with about 60 rgb leds and an rf controller, total install time was about 5 mins and the led controllers run off 12vdc so your power supply can power em.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Can the controller handle this fan?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyM [...] re=related220 CFM Delta Extreme Speed Fan. I've heard that the fan can fry some controllers because they couldn't handle the fan's power draw.[/citation]
why in the world would any one use that fan. a hair dryer is quieter than that and more efficient!

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
A hair dryer does the opposite of what a fan is supposed to do..I don't think it would be a good idea to use a hair dryer as one.
Anyway, some people use Delta fans for high FPI rads in extreme watercooling loops, they're as loud as leafblowers, but you get the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.