NZXT Launches Updated GRID+ Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth getting now. I didn't like how the other one was tied only to a single CPU or GPU temp and would ramp up fans on that. I use a closed loop for my CPU and one for my GPU. Some rendering I do is CPU or GPU mostly, so I'd like only those fans to ramp up and not my whole system, so maybe this is finally something to address that.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Still a failure!

All fans are still controlled on by the same fan curve. Meaning all fans run at the same speed.

They still use a barrel plug for power instead of a SATA connection

PWM fans are still voltage controlled instead of PWM controlled.....

I for one like my intake fans running faster that my exhaust fans for positive pressure.

From within the CAM software, you can adjust the speeds for individual fans to create your own profile

sephirotic

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
Original grid controller was a real disappointment control wise. You could´t control fans individually and couldn´t use both CPU and GPU temps for control. The concept was good, features were terrible. I was looking at its homepage and it still seems to be very limited. Even if it now has independent channel control, it still doesn´t seem to allow to switch off fans which is a completely bummer for semi-passive enthusiasts. like me. And it also have a limited temperature scan for a software based device. No HD? No VRM? I'm not even asking for a wired probe. Anyway, I'll still keep using my MB with splitters and a digital thermostat with customization hysteresis bought from DX from 5 usd. Adjusting case fan curvers is the less importante feature for a fully optimized semi-passive build: Switching off fans and temperature scans by probes and different components is the most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.