NZXT M22 120mm AIO Review: Compact Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.

FD2Raptor

Admirable
8/10? For twice the money while offering louder operation noise and lower cooling performance compare to a solid air tower cooler?
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9XL0UvNjgyODYyL29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDAxLnBuZw==

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9XL0YvNjgyODYzL29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDAzLnBuZw==

Nope. This cooler is a 4 at best. The only situation where it's worth considering is in ITX build limited in cooler height; and even then it's cooling performance is just on par with other cheaper 120mm AIO solution.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Yup. As expected. 120mm radiators are just too small, little surface area even if its made of some exotic material. This is also the reason why copper air coolers fail, as they are usually small.

I'd take the best of Noctua and keep the change. The cooler can also be more appealing aesthetically with that industrial, steel look.

1_rick

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
You can fit an NXZT Kraken x52 in a Corsair Obsidian 250D, but you'll have to replace the fans it comes with with 15mm-wide ones, or else trim the ones it came with.

But them infinity RGBs! Those should more than make up for the spyware, the potential for leaks, and the likelihood that the pump motor will fail within a couple years. : D

Kirk1975

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I’ve actually installed one of these for a friend. He selected it and purchased it for himself.

My first impressions of it out of the box were it looks cool... but after installing it and getting it going... It's loud, obnoxiously so. I could even hear the water pump whirring away. I attributed the pump being audible to it being in the rad where it sits right next to the vent on top of his case. Not sure if the exact same pump that’s in this were to be installed in the block would be quiet so audible. Nontheless I put it through its paces, and I would have to say honestly a less expensive air cooler would most likely outperform it under the same circumstances.

He was happy with it. That's really all that matters in the end I guess.

Not something I would seek out and purchase though.

Status
Not open for further replies.