NZXT phantom 410 can't get case fans working

ferg505

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
I've read the other posts but still can't find fix. I have a EVGA supernova nex750b PSU and a ASUS m5a97 le r2.0 motherboard. I can't find/don't have the pins to be able to connect and power my case fans, Do I need to get a converter or something or am I just not seeing them?

ferg505

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

I can't find anywhere on the motherboard for the "power for the built in fan speed controller", do I need a converter for it into an 8 pin or something to plug it into the PSU? I'm using 2 of the 4 leads for the built in fan speed controller, which are connected to the 2 case fans. I also cannot see any female connectors on my motherboard for these to slot into. Thank you for the video link as it helped my understanding (im new to building), do I need some sort of converters for the 2 leads aswell?

ferg505

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

Its the 2 types of cables he refers to in the video at 11:05-11:10. Is that enough or would you like a picture?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Phantom_410/
Showes a picture on page 4 of that link.
Connect the fans to the case controller and their a molex connector to power the fan controller thst connects to the power supply.
While the ones for the case are of the usual kind, you will also find a Molex connector to power fans and four 3-pin plugs to attach these to.

ferg505

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

The fans are connected upto the fan controller, but the fan controller is not connected to the PSU. There is what i think is a male PATA connector to power the fan controller, but I have no female on the motherboard/PSU. Do I need to get a converter from PATA to an 8-pin or something to then plug directly into the PSU (EVGA supernova nex750b)?

ferg505

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

That looks like the exact converter I was looking for, thanks for the assistance!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Read my post that should be a simple Molex connector.
Look at the picture on inside the case from my link it shows the fan connectors and the molex connector.

ferg505

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

I was missing the part vapour suggested, I didn't have a way to connect the fan controller molex to the PSU, with the suggested converter, I can plug the molex into the 6-pin slot on the PSU. I've just ordered the converter and hopefully it'll all work when I install it! Many thanks to you both

Good knowledge for me, thanks :)

@ OP

Get what Zerk suggested if you can't find correct cables in your psu package.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
It just takes some time and being open to other thinking.
I been building , repairing for about 20 years.
Still not High on the AMD new stuff. for the video cards they just plain gave up and can't compete. I mean the GTX 1070 has ben out a long time and they had no answer for it (just rolled out the 54/64 but still} much less the 1080. By the time they have a chance to try to catch up the 2XXX series are coming out quater1 next year unless they just keep them on the shelf because they have no competition. AMD did put out a decent processor this time but still can't match the single core performance of Intel. Their FX processors were pretty much no performance over the old P2.
When you have to stoop down to put out a freaking 220 watt processor OMG. FX 9570 and such.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If I build a PC for somebody with a modular PSU I either zip tie the extra cables together and secure them in the bottom of the case or if it restricts air flow or can be seen I give then the box with the extra cables and tell them to keep the box as long as they have the PC a lot of the Cyberjunk- Ibuyjunk will not even ship the extra cables not used with the PC.