NZXT Releases Special Edition ‘PUBG’ H700 Case, 10% Of Sales Go To Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpe1701

Honorable
There are several spots where you have spelled it PUGB instead of PUBG. Just go ahead and delete my comment when it's fixed. Hate being the guy pointing out mistakes but I figure I would want to know. Lol

Well the philanthropy is noble, but if I want to donate to charity or contribute to one, I want to be able to claim it on taxes. I won't be able to do that if I buy this case vs. donating direct to a 501(c) non-profit charity. That is even if this charity they support is qualified as falling under that IRS code.

Not everyone cares about potential tax write-offs, and $20 (assumed: 10% of MSRP, $200) isn't going to really make any scratches in tax breaks anyway.
Some will feel its a way to do a "good deed."
Some won't care whether a percentage goes to any charity at all.
Some will grab it just because of the PUBG branding, regardless of performance.

If I was in the market for a case, I might consider just for the novelty since the case is decent in performance. However, I'm not, and I really don't consider cases that costly to start with.

araczynski

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
group me in with the folks that don't want to see their cases/rigs, out of sight/mind/earshot.

I am partial to the nonwindowed cases from fractal design, they're built solid, well ventilated, have sound absorbing materials, and are priced quite fairly I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.