NZXT Smartly Made Doko Streamer Dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdviserKulikov

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
If I need to run an ethernet cable to get 80ms of delay, I might as well run a bunch of long cables for the same price (with repeaters if needed) and not get delay.

Still, it's a decent and simple solution for the price. If your house is already wired for ethernet it saves you from punching holes or hanging wires..

raredrake

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
It does seem like a really good solution for a htpc. I wonder if it supports wake on LAN. I am a little disappointed that its not HDMI 2.0 or even support HD at 60 FPS as many tvs can at least support that.

Dextron

Honorable
May 18, 2013
I was super excited reading this article and then I got to "30 FPS" and my heart just broke.

Hope they make a slightly better version that can do 60 fps...that's not asking much.

CraigCore2

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I struggle to see the $100 price point enough to keep me from getting the razr. I was expecting a much lower price, and maybe with wifi too. Oh well.

joshd567

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
I would like to see a simple device that only transmits audio and video signals from a device to a TV. Just have two HDMI dongles, one that goes into the source device and one that connects to the TV.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
I would like to see a simple device that only transmits audio and video signals from a device to a TV. Just have two HDMI dongles, one that goes into the source device and one that connects to the TV.

Well...you can just connect a PC to your TV that way...this is designed to allow you to leave your PC in another room and still have that experience.

joshd567

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010

What I propose is the same thing, but simpler. By just having two dongles that can be plugged into any device that has HDMI you could still have the source device in a separate room but you would also be able to use it conveniently to connect any HDMI device without having to run a cable. For example, I have a wall mounted TV and we only have a single HDMI line that goes through the wall for the cable box. With the device I am describing I could also hook up any source device that has HDMI without having a cord looking bad coming from the back of my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.