[SOLVED] NZXT Z63 Temp Issue?

Nov 25, 2020
I have my NZXT Z63 with a Dual Display setup to read CPU / GPU

- I had the EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid and it wouldn't read the GPU Temps at all...

-Last night I installed the EVGA 3080 ULTRA FTW3 and now I'm getting the Temperature reading, the CPU is at 15c idle, but the GPU is at 265c - 267c -> which makes no sense at all...??

Anyone know what can be causing this issue? or know how to fix the issue?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)What are you using to read thermals, and does it repeat across other monitoring apps?
Too many monitoring apps open can cause faulty readings, so don't leave the old one open while you open a new one.

2)If there are faulty temp sensors in your hardware, you're looking a return/replacement. There's no way to fix that on your end.

Nov 25, 2020
1)What are you using to read thermals, and does it repeat across other monitoring apps?
Too many monitoring apps open can cause faulty readings, so don't leave the old one open while you open a new one.

2)If there are faulty temp sensors in your hardware, you're looking a return/replacement. There's no way to fix that on your end.
I'm only using 2 things that are reading my GPU temp, MSI Afterburner, and the NZXT CAM.

Here's the issue depending on what I'm doing on my PC:
  • Under the MSI Afterburner, I get readings between 15c on idle, 28c watching films and other activities, and up to 57c when gaming.
  • Under NZXT CAM, for some odd reason I get readings between 150c, 285c, and 570c.

Now, I have noticed something -> When MSI reads 15c, NZXT reads it 150c -> When MSI reads 28c, NZXT reads it 280c -> When MSI reads 57c, NZXT reads it 570c ?
I don't know if it was an update to the NZXT CAM that's causing this or the fact that I installed a new GPU EVGA 3080 and I have to wait for an update for NZXT CAM to support the 3080?

I haven't heard from NZXT support as of yet, hopefully, this week they can give me an answer?...

Thank you for replying.

Nov 25, 2020
I would suggest uninstalling CAM and trying a different version - if that's available. That's definitely a bug.
I'm still using Afterburner for the GPU, and I need CAM to run NZXT Z63. I'm going to reinstall Cam though, to see if that works and go from there, I'm still waiting to hear from NZXT Technical Support.

Nov 25, 2020
I would suggest uninstalling CAM and trying a different version - if that's available. That's definitely a bug.
Ok, I found out the issue! I unplugged the Dell Displaylink USB and booted my PC and the NZXT is reading the GPU Temps correctly now. So it's the Displaylink USB causing that, the NZXT is detecting the Displaylink as primary. How do I even avoid this?... I need the Displaylink, can it be set to secondary?