'Obduction' Delayed (Again) To August 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

edhem

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Too bad it is Oculus only ... you know, with the awesome Oculus controllers we all have, and the awesome Oculus room tracking ...

Fay Everdunes

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Cyan cares a lot about delivering their vision. If they believe they need another month I fully trust them on that. I much rather they take their time and get it right than rush it out for some arbitrary deadline.

As a small indie company, Cyan has proven themselves to really care about the games they make. The depth and detail they put into their worlds are astonishing. I'm not at all worried about Obduction.

Slightly disappointed? Sure, but I'm not concerned at all about whether they will deliver or not. It just means I have a bit more time to play some other awesome indie puzzle adventure games that have recently come out while I wait!

I completely support this decision.
After all, every year we see so many people complaining about (for example) EA delivering unfinished games.
So, it's a lot better to take the time to finish it properly.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

At this point, non-cockpit VR games should be created for the Vive, and the Rift users can play when they get touch controllers and 4-camera tracking. Targeting the 2nd lowest form of VR (it's only better than VR Gear) is not going to pay off as well as targeting the best VR possible today, especially considering that Oculus has a plan to upgrade their primitive system to something that can compete with the Vive.

Status
Not open for further replies.