Obsidian Working on South Park RPG (Yes, Really)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
A South Park RPG developed by Obsidian should prove interesting, as the studio has created a number of impressive titles for all three platforms including Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout: New Vegas and Dungeon Siege 3. In addition to the South Park title, the studio is also working on a Wheel of Time game for all three platforms.

Seriously? Obsidian entertainment only makes game sequels for games that are very successful, and all of the sequels they make are inferior to the original. Neverwinter Nights was far superior to Neverwinter Nights 2, same with SW:KOTOR2 and Fallout: New Vegas. Dungeon Siege 3 was a flop. They do not make anything original, and everything they make is sub-par.

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
would be nice to know what kind of gameplay we will be dealing with,, i hope its not dumb shit, like go save lemmywinks, or go sneak into mr garrisons house and steal his dildo so you can do something with it kinda gameplay..

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
These guys are so mixed in the rpg business. They have good and terrible games. New Vegas was pretty good, but Alpha Protocol(theyre original IP) was a terrible game. Dont think theyll pull this one off...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I didn't realize that South Park was still around. Why not? Could be fun. I'm personally more interesting the Wheel of Time game, need to look up more info on that.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I'll keep my fingers crossed there is multiplayer. I remember the FPS shooter. It was so horrible, but because it was South Park, I was amused and entertained for several hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.