[SOLVED] Oc error causes pc to not run

Rya6822

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
So I have been receiving messages from my video editing software about not enough/ good enough ram. So I went into my motherboard bios and xhanged the speed. But it turns out I set it higher than my ram can handel and my computer wont start (was around 2133 and i set to 3600, ram only goes tp 3200)
Any help? Thanks

Mobo: msi b450 tomohawk
Cpu: r5 3600
Ram: trident z 2x8 3200

Solution
So I have been receiving messages from my video editing software about not enough/ good enough ram. So I went into my motherboard bios and xhanged the speed. But it turns out I set it higher than my ram can handel and my computer wont start (was around 2133 and i set to 3600, ram only goes tp 3200)
Any help? Thanks

First: set XMP to overclock RAM no further than 3200. Even with that you may have to set the DRAM voltage manually in BIOS first, I do with my B450 Mortar.

But if your video editing software is complaining it's probably about memory capacity, not speed. You may need 32GB for what you're trying to do so you'd need another 2x8 kit of the same type if...
Any help? Thanks

First: set XMP to overclock RAM no further than 3200. Even with that you may have to set the DRAM voltage manually in BIOS first, I do with my B450 Mortar.

But if your video editing software is complaining it's probably about memory capacity, not speed. You may need 32GB for what you're trying to do so you'd need another 2x8 kit of the same type if possible.

If you could tell us what editor you're using and particulars about what you want to edit someone knowledgeable might could comment.

Solution

Shay Green

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Any help? Thanks

Take out your CMOS battery for 5-15minutes.
Then put it back in.
This should reset all overclocks and allow it to boot again

Rya6822

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019

But if your video editing software is complaining it's probably about memory capacity, not speed. You may need 32GB for what you're trying to do so you'd need another 2x8 kit of the same type if possible.

If you could tell us what editor you're using and particulars about what you want to edit someone knowledgeable might could comment.
I was using hitflim express. I have also done benchmark tests and it says my ram is performing below average

I was using hitflim express. I have also done benchmark tests and it says my ram is performing below average
If running at 2133, I'd have to say the benchmark was spot on for that! But pushing it beyond it's label rated overclock with XMP (3200) shouldn't be necessary unless you're ready for the tweak that will be needed.

Hopefully someone can comment on why HitFilm Express might complain about memory.