Question OC questions about my 8600K running at 4.6ghz

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi everyone, so I'm new on the overclocking stuff and I'm trying to OC my CPU, right now is running at 4.6 as the title says.

My config is this:
i5-8600k
Gigabyte z390 Gaming X
Scythe Mugen rev 5
16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance (Dual Channel)
PSU EVGA 650 BQ
NO GPU for the moment (a Vega 56 is coming)

Okay, so far I have read some guides and I have setted this on my motherboard:

I have activated XMP Profile.
LLC: Some guides recommended to set it on Turbo but I setted on Normal.
I have disabled Enhaced Multicore Performance.
I also have disabled Intel Speed shift, CPU Enhaced Halt C1E, C3, C6/C7, C8, C10 States.
AVX Offset: I didn't touch this option and I don't know if I should touch it...
CPU Clock Core setted to 46.
And CPU vcore. I started with 1.2v but when I was passing CINEBENCH the temps raised until 68º so I wasn't convinced at all because Prime95 (v26.6) was even hotter (like 72º) so I did low the vcore to 1.140 and it was ok but the temp was a little bit high (63º CINEBENCH and 70º 15 min of Prime95) so I setted it to "normal" which I think it's like a kind of offset value on other motherboards? and the temp stabilized, 55º on CINEBENCH and 65º on 15 min Prime95.
After setting the vcore on normal the Dynamic Vcore (DVID) option showed up to me but since I don't know which value should I set I didn't touch it, it is on auto.

What is your opinion? is it good? what more options should I change?

I don't want the vcore to raise too much but at the same time I want to have cool temps and a low vcore on idle...

I have one more important question, after 15 min of Prime95 the VRM of the motherboard raised the 61º... is this dangerous? it's normal?

Thank you to everyone!

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
So I've reading and the normal vcore for 4.6 is 1.2/1.25 but with vcore on normal (which is not auto) the PC did not BSOD or something so far... what value should I set on dynamic vcore? and is it good the VRM temp on this board? I have found 0 info about that

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi, I have uploaded direct pictures of my bios's options, I think it's better like this so everything will be more clearly. (the pic with the red circle on vcore is because I have chose "normal" option instead of "auto", it's the one I think it's like offset?). I also have uploaded temps and max. temps after Prime95 with HWMonitor, I don't know if the voltage is ok but I hope so.

View: https://imgur.com/a/EXHkYY0

Thanks!