Occasional Game Stutters Despite Good FPS

Azreide

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
My FPS remains at a constant 60 for the games I play, but there are often little stutters that are quite annoying. They only last a fraction of a second but they're noticeable enough to bother me. I've tried reinstalling windows completely, tried deleting and reinstalling graphics card drivers and that, too. I've also had a look at task manager while these occasional stutters happen and I've seen no sort of fluctuation, and the use isn't extremely high either.

I have 16GB DDR4 RAM
Geforce 1070 GPU
i7 7800x 3.50Ghz CPU

Any ideas what could be causing the issue? It's often happening when something might need to "load" (not like loading bars, but like, a new interface opening or something, or the first seconds of a new area, stuff like that), but can still sometimes just happen randomly. Which makes me think CPU, but CPU usage is under 50%.

Solution
Id focus by being game specific searching google, there may be a setting or a feature in Windows suggested elsewhere that could help.

Windows 10's fullscreen optimisation for example (part of Game Bar) is known to cause random problems for some games but is generally ok but nonetheless something to try. Search win10 fullscreen optimisation. Disabling Game Bar should disable fullscreen opt but the option for it directly is in the compatibility tab for the game's exe or shortcut.

Your hardware specs is fine so wouldn't go there yet.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Open world games like Ghost Recon?

This game particularly likes to load and save while you play at various points. Other open world games would be the same i imagine.

Gta5 being an open world game is actually pretty good but newer games are loading in much more detail.

Do you have an SSD for games?

Sep 17, 2018
Some game engines will do this regardless of Your pc specs. A prime example is fallout new vegas. It tends to stutter whenever faraway large objects appear or just randomly. Have you installed mods that changed vanilla textures after you started a game? Whats your gpu temperature? Have you tried overclocking to see if an increase gets rid of this? ( even though it shouldnt matter) What game are you experiencing this with or is it all games?

Azreide

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
I'll try transfer some things to SSD, and perhaps look into my HDD's read/write speed.

EDIT: Some things that this happens on are already on SSD

EDIT: No mods or anything. And temperature of both cpu and gpu are at around 40-45 C

EDIT...AGAIN: A variety of games I suppose, mainly 3D and actual "Walking around" ones, but nothing as giant and sandboxish as a full open world game, though it could happen in those too. One example is A Hat In Time.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Id focus by being game specific searching google, there may be a setting or a feature in Windows suggested elsewhere that could help.

Windows 10's fullscreen optimisation for example (part of Game Bar) is known to cause random problems for some games but is generally ok but nonetheless something to try. Search win10 fullscreen optimisation. Disabling Game Bar should disable fullscreen opt but the option for it directly is in the compatibility tab for the game's exe or shortcut.

Your hardware specs is fine so wouldn't go there yet.

Solution