Aug 18, 2019
Specs:
Motherboard - ASRock Z390 Taichi
CPU - Intel i7-9700k
GPU - GTX 1080 EVGA SC
RAM - 32GB 2 x 16 DDR43200 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
PSU - 750 EVGA GQ
————————————
A few things to mention beforehand, I just recently upgraded to new parts. The stuttering that is occurring has been happening on both my old and new parts. I’ve decided that my GPU is the most likely for this happening since the only parts that aren’t new is that and the PSU. I’ve checked my PSU voltages making that ruled out as well. During the stutters I noticed that the GPU power draw goes from 100% to around 32%. I don’t know if this is a cause or effect of the stutter, but so far it’s all I have to go on.

Solution
I don't have much knowledge/experience about Power supplies, but I'm just listing few suggestions. They might NOT be fully accurate though.

But nonetheless, I think you can check the PSU by using some tools, but you must be competent/experienced doing all this.

BTW, Software cannot be trusted to test PSU voltages, if I'm not mistaken. Only a DMM can, digital multimeters. Also, if you can find a "Kil-A-Watt"/power meter, etc. (from some hardware store) plug your system into that and see how much it's pulling under full load. Balance that with the age of the PSU and you can decide if you need a new one or not.

Some recommend using oscilloscope or any dedicated power supply analyzer, but these might be expensive, imo.

Also...
I don't have much knowledge/experience about Power supplies, but I'm just listing few suggestions. They might NOT be fully accurate though.

But nonetheless, I think you can check the PSU by using some tools, but you must be competent/experienced doing all this.

BTW, Software cannot be trusted to test PSU voltages, if I'm not mistaken. Only a DMM can, digital multimeters. Also, if you can find a "Kil-A-Watt"/power meter, etc. (from some hardware store) plug your system into that and see how much it's pulling under full load. Balance that with the age of the PSU and you can decide if you need a new one or not.

Some recommend using oscilloscope or any dedicated power supply analyzer, but these might be expensive, imo.

Also check this instrument, Dr. Power. They don't actually provide a full range of loads. and they don't test for ripple either, IMO. Not sure though. But I think they can definitely tell if a PSU is dead, and/or missing a voltage, but they cannot conclusively tell you a supply is good. This is just for reference. I've not used any of these though.

We also have one digital LCD tester as shown below.

A4RE_131794664813571101kpHcNEyg7E.jpg

multimeter.jpg

e1Drtf0.png

Solution