Question Occasionally getting graphical error that I cannot figure out how to fix ?

Feb 20, 2021
Hello all,

This error has me stumped. Every once in a while my laptop with glitch with showing the taskbar numerous times on my screen for a couple seconds, only for it to go away quickly or after I move my mouse. There are no error codes, no lingering issues caused by it, it just somehow happens every once in a while, and always seems to occur when I'm using the laptop itself and not when connected to an external monitor. I recreated what it looks like here: View: https://imgur.com/a/Bor6pts

My computer is a Razer Blade Stealth 13 (early 2020) running Windows 10, with Intel Iris Plus graphics and the Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Ti Max-Q.

I've uninstalled the video drivers completely (deleted them) and reinstalled the most recent versions from Nvidia's and Intel's website directly. This has been occurring for a while, so I don't think it is an error with the recent driver releases. Not sure what else to try. Windows Updates are completely up-to-date (although I do have the lingering issue of Windows Update continually trying to update the old Intel video driver 26.20.100.7463, a problem still for some people, but I had to hide that update - but this is unrelated I believe).

I'm hoping someone else has seen this and potentially know what the culprit can be. I cannot successfully recreate the problem, so that makes testing different solutions very difficult.

Thanks for any help!

Reactions: puricutie
Jun 24, 2021
Hey there! I had the same issue too and it started a few months after I got my razer blade stealth in october 2020. I contacted razer support regarding my issue and sent in photos similar to the one you attached. After weeks of contacting back and forth with their customer service, I sent in my laptop for their tech team to figure out the issue. Once I got it back, the taskbar glitch seemed to have stopped. This was in April 2021 when my repair request was fulfilled.

However, it is now late June 2021 and I just had this taskbar glitch happen again. I got a monitor a month ago and there seemed to be no issue with the taskbar. But I had to unplug my laptop to go print something out and while editing the document I wanted to print out, the glitch happened. So I’m not sure if this is an issue that happens after a few months of using the laptop, or maybe it’s a windows 10 problem?

So far, the glitch has happened again once after getting it repaired, but I won’t be surprised if it happens again when I’m just using the laptop by itself. I’m glad that I wasn’t the only one experiencing this issue, since I was unable to find forums about it until now. Seems like an issue that happens to the razer blade stealth 13 (2020) based on your post and the other response.

TLDR; you could request for a repair through razer’s tech support (if your warranty covers it) but it seems that the issue can happen again after getting it repaired