[SOLVED] OCCT overclocking shows hundreds of errors within seconds

marauder144

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
https://s1006.photobucket.com/user/btysa00/media/OCCT.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Anyone know what could cause this? I haven't tried playing any games yet, I just wanted to test stability and this is what happened. I stopped the test moments after this was taken.

Ryzen 3700x
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
GeIL EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)
Western Digital Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
ADATA Ultimate SU800 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
EVGA 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Hey there,

So, is your CPU OC'ed now? If so, take the OC off and test at stock.

Your voltage seems very low at 1.1 on the CPU, and stress testing, I'd expect it to be much higher, like 1.3v+.

Have you got the latest bios installed for your mobo? Try that. Then test again. It's also worth making sure all system drivers/GPU and windows are up to date too.

What test did you run on OCCT? It's worth checking your memory outside of windows using memtest86+. Run it for 4 passes and make sure they are working correctly.

Have you got windows power profile on high, or Ryzen balanced? If you have it on the standard balanced profile it may have an impact. So switching to high performance or Ryzen balanced is advisable.
Hey there,

So, is your CPU OC'ed now? If so, take the OC off and test at stock.

Your voltage seems very low at 1.1 on the CPU, and stress testing, I'd expect it to be much higher, like 1.3v+.

Have you got the latest bios installed for your mobo? Try that. Then test again. It's also worth making sure all system drivers/GPU and windows are up to date too.

What test did you run on OCCT? It's worth checking your memory outside of windows using memtest86+. Run it for 4 passes and make sure they are working correctly.

Have you got windows power profile on high, or Ryzen balanced? If you have it on the standard balanced profile it may have an impact. So switching to high performance or Ryzen balanced is advisable.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution