[SOLVED] Oculus Rift S--can you duplicate the display to a TV/monitor for spectators?

Aug 8, 2020
Hi all, I have a VR question. I am currently planning my twin brother's bachelor party. He is an awesome guy and I am hoping to do something neat for him in spite of COVID-19. One of the things we are hoping to do is to play Five Nights at Freddy's Help Wanted on VR. The hope is to have one person play the game via a VR headset but also have the game display duplicated on a TV or monitor, via which spectators can watch the action and give tips ("check your left door!") Anyone know if this is possible? My twin is much more tech-savvy than myself (he works in computer science, I work in medicine), and for once I can't reach out to him for help which is why I am posting here on the forum. We already have a compatible PC that well exceeds the Oculus Rift S's recommended requirements, and we plan to rent the Rift S headset from Visionary Rentals. Any tips/advice is much appreciated! Thanks a bunch.

Solution
Yes, just plug a TV into one of the ports of the graphics card like you would any monitor. Screen mirroring in VR can vary title to title so some titles will have windows you could drag to the TV others will go full screen on the main monitor.

My suggestion just use the TV as the main monitor for the party and that way the mirroring will be on the TV.
Yes, just plug a TV into one of the ports of the graphics card like you would any monitor. Screen mirroring in VR can vary title to title so some titles will have windows you could drag to the TV others will go full screen on the main monitor.

My suggestion just use the TV as the main monitor for the party and that way the mirroring will be on the TV.

Solution
Aug 27, 2020
There is an exe file in the oculus program files folder, oculus support, oculus diagnostics.

It's called oculusMirror, it displays everything the user sees...including the oculus home.
You can drag and drop this on to any monitor you have plugged in to your computer.

Also there's a steam app called Liv which lets you view VR from a third person angle for a few games which support it
Eg Beat Saber.