Oculus Rift Setup

Mar 18, 2015
I'm thinking about getting a Oculus Rift DK2. I also have a 4k monitor with a 980. Am I going to need to get another Graphics Card or can I run it along with my 4k monitor (4k is the max res on the 980)

Solution
Even with a single 980 Ti, you should be able to get something to show up in each...but it won't be great performance.

Even with an SLI setup you will not be able to play games at 4k on the monitor and run the Rift at max well. The point of the Rift is to use the rift instead of a monitor. So, if you are gaming, you get an either one or the other to game on choice.
Mar 18, 2015

So if I end up putting 2 980 ti's in SLI I can run an oculus and the 4k monitor.

NBSN

Admirable
Even with a single 980 Ti, you should be able to get something to show up in each...but it won't be great performance.

Even with an SLI setup you will not be able to play games at 4k on the monitor and run the Rift at max well. The point of the Rift is to use the rift instead of a monitor. So, if you are gaming, you get an either one or the other to game on choice.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS