Question Question about cleaning

1YAMI

Honorable
Jun 19, 2019
I have PC and PS5 which does have alot of dust on both of them.
YouTube videos of cleaning recommend to use compressed air can to clean them.I have no such thing nor any place near me, but I do have Blower. can I use it without problem?
especially the PS5?

Solution
YouTube videos of cleaning recommend to use compressed air can to clean them.I have no such thing nor any place near me, but I do have Blower. can I use it without problem?
especially the PS5?
Using the blower is only going to work if there is somewhere for the dust thats getting blown into the pc/ps5 to escape. Or then your just blowing dust deeper into the system.

With PC this is easier but still not a great option because its blows dust all around the inside of your case. Even compressed air kind of sucks for the same reason tbh. Rarely does anything close to "cleaning" but it can work in some cases for removing a lots of excess dust quickly or spraying out the...
especially the PS5?
Using the blower is only going to work if there is somewhere for the dust thats getting blown into the pc/ps5 to escape. Or then your just blowing dust deeper into the system.

With PC this is easier but still not a great option because its blows dust all around the inside of your case. Even compressed air kind of sucks for the same reason tbh. Rarely does anything close to "cleaning" but it can work in some cases for removing a lots of excess dust quickly or spraying out the fins of a heatsink. The system will still need "wiped down" afterwards to actually look clean.

How I clean my PC or any tech related item with fans is to literally take it apart and clean the fans. 1st I wipe each blade with a wet cloth and get any loose dirt off. Then I use a q-tip and 91% rubbing alcohol to wash down each blade. On the GPU its a little harder as I dont remove the fans so I use a q-tip to remove loose dirt which takes a little more time and then use the q-tip alcohol to really get it clean. Then use compressed air to spray out any residual dirt that may have fell down onto the heatsink. Rarely is my computer dusty enough to need compressed air, nor would I want to blow dust all over the inside so I just wipe the inside of the case down, top of gpu, and any other plastic pieces. If you really wanna get crazy (maybe once every 2 years) use the q-tip alchohol to wipe down what you can on the motherboard as well. The PSU fan.... same method as gpu fans.

On the PS5 its different because taking it apart can void warranty. I would definitely not use compressed air in it as the dust isnt gonna have anywhere to escape and just get pushed deeper in. I would use the q-tip method the best I could on the fans and maybe try to find a video of someone finding a good way to actually get the dust out without simply just blowing it deeper into the heatsink and system. Maybe also try using a stick or tweezers to pull out any loose dust you can see instead of blowing it in deeper.

Goodluck.

Reactions: 1YAMI
Solution

TRENDING THREADS