Oculus VR, EA, Panasonic Create Immersive Technology Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
EA Pay $59.99 for a beta, it won't work, we'll release a patch to make it buggy, and then an extra $69.99 for a DLC to make it usable!Seriously, EA's a part of this, we're screwed, no more affordable VR technology. On the plus side Carmack may go back to id!

centaurius

Distinguished
May 2, 2012
How come this junction of different companies since 2009 (5 years almost) and no final product to consumer whatsoever? I smell more marketing than anything "final"...

James22365

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
How come this junction of different companies since 2009 (5 years almost) and no final product to consumer whatsoever? I smell more marketing than anything "final"...
Because the alliance isn't making a product. In 2009 many of the companies in it now didn't even exist. The alliance "was" about about promoting and pushing stereoscopic gaming so that it was common place and not just a neiche.The renamed alliance with the new companies has expanded it to cover a lot more than just stereoscopic gaming. They still are not making a product, their goal is to make the immersive technologies currently available and being developed successful so they are not just a gimmick that don't take off.
EA's a part of this, we're screwed, no more affordable VR technology.
As much as i'd prefer it if EA as not involved, their involvement has no bearing on the affordability of future VR techonolgy. The alliance or EA's involvement has nothing to do with what companies charge for their products.
Epson? Why and how is Epson involved?
Epson design and make HMDs as well so want to help push the technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.