OCZ Octane SSD Pricing Released: From $200 to $880

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]mariusmotea[/nom]My OCZ Vertez 2 is 70% slower than the OCZ specifications, i doubt that those values ​​are real.[/citation]

Running XP? You will want to check the alignment on your partition, among other things.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mariusmotea[/nom]My OCZ Vertez 2 is 70% slower than the OCZ specifications, i doubt that those values ​​are real.[/citation]

Did you set it up right? Is your partition aligned? Is it getting old? My OCZ Vertex 1 is about 20% slower than rated specs, and my motherboard can't do AHCI, which would make up for that. Oh, and it's nearly 2 years old.

G

The read speeds are comparable or better than Sandforce, booting and loading apps hits the read side of things so the write is not so much important.

purrcatian

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
I got some 160GB Intel 320 series SSDs for $0.90/GB at Amazon on Black Friday. Good SSDs for less than $1/GB already exist. You just need to watch for the sales. The MSRPs are usually higher than the drives actually go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.