OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Yup, it does vary, some have had numerous issues (though in discussions they don't distinguish between SSDs and PSUs/RAM/etc.), others much less so. Apart from the SSD problems being far more about the early budget models, I reckon a lot of problems happened with drives that had older firmware. I did get the impression that OCZ way back had a tendency to get firmware out perhaps a tad sooner than should have been the case, but those sorts of issues had basically ceased come the Vertex4 which is still a great model today.

Nowadays though they lose out more on price than anything else. I'd be happy to buy a Vector 180 or whatever, but other options from Samsung, Hynix, SanDisk, etc. cost quite a lot less.

ebaul2k5

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Agree. Based on what I read in the last two days it seems that it is the consumer side they really got it screwed up. The enterprise class side while pricey it does well. I have 6 servers with SQL and Exchange, these revos 3.2 while expensive ($19,600 to $26,000) are superb. Never had an issue at all. One of then is due to be reolaced but not because is failing, but because its two year service is up. We have a SAS 3 year and SSD two year policy because of mission critical, but i am sure they last way longer than that. These drives are written over and over over two years, not a failure. Thanks for your reply!!

Status
Not open for further replies.