OCZ RevoDrive Combines 2 SSDs in RAID via PCI-E

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nmeofdst8

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Why ont just make a SATA 3 SSD already? D=[/citation]

Did you mean, why doesn't OCZ make a SATA 3 drive already? Cause there already are SATA 3 SSDs from Crucial...the C300 128/256

duanekimball

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
pffft. Scary prices...
I bought a Gateway tower with 16MB of RAM , 1.6GB drive, intel 133mhz pentium with 3cd changer and floppy.... $4000!

You punks don't know how good you have it ...get off my lawn.

G

And my lawn too - My first IDE drive was 340 MEGS and I paid $339.00 for it, a bargain because I got it at cost. These young whippersnappers.......

G

In response to __-_-_-__'s comment on 06/30/2010. Seriously, are you comparing a few thousand dollar enterprise ssd to the revo? This is a big deal for the standard household. While the price point of 389.99 isn't wonderful its a heck of a lot better then the price of 2 ssd's that could equal that performance level. That and supposedly it will have its own garbage collection routine so trim wont be an issue. To me this is the first real step towards inexpensive ssd's which eventually will happen.

davie4u

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
After weeks of trying to decide on which SSD to go for, humping and haring over prices and specifications. I have just ordered a OCZ RevoDrive PCI-Express SSD - 120 GB for £277.77 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/226770. Its a lot of money hopefully for a lot of kit. Failing that I can always return it lol.

G

doesnt matter how fast your storage is, the os and anti-virus manufacturers will subsequently bring out a new product that makes your pride and joy storage device grind to a halt doing pretty much nothing.

davie4u

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Lmao true Dingoballs. Not just that there is the psychological aspect of all this new hyped up kit. Must admit I'm totally brainwashed into thinking I need it NOW lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.