Question Odd behavior with USB Bluetooth Dongle

Nachmanowicz

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I've been having issues with bluetooth dongles for years. Just the past year I've bought 4 of 'em. Yes. FOUR.

So now I'm using this bluetooth 5.4 dongle with a big ass antenna, which has amazing range for my controllers cause sometimes I use 'em kinda far from the TV. But sometimes stuff just stop working! I use pretty much only to connect my controllers. I have a Gulikit King Kong 2 , a Machenike G5 Pro and a pair of EasySMX X05. And I don't wanna be connecting 4 different 2.4Ghz USBs in my computer so I decided the best option is to just connect it all via Bluetooth. But things go sideways so often. Like, right now my king kong won't be discovered by my bluetooth no matter what! It can recognize it via the dinput method or Switch Pro Controller. But not the xinput, which is the important one. Can anyone help me? Im using Windows 11 and there seems to always be a problem with the drivers.
ajUsUKL.png

And btw, I've tried the controller with my laptop and it discovered the gulikit on xinput no problem! omg =( whats going on, why can't I have nice things? Help

KingLoki

Upstanding
Jul 10, 2024
Check all bluetooth settings on your laptop, make sure eveything is turned on and the same as the desktop settings. You may need to add it seperately in Settings>Devices, the +Add Bluetooth Device, while you are pairing the controller that is causing trouble.
Just to double check !