Question Odd graphical glitches after 2 weeks of not using PC ?

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I was gone on vacation for 2 weeks and now experience these weird artifacts. The artifacts will appear and disappear as I move my mouse around the desktop. I havent noticed it at all in games but only on the desktop. Its getting really frustrating because I had similar issues before but eventually I was able to fix it. At this point I cannot understand what the heck is going on or whether it is hardware related despite the hardware being relatively new. Would love some help. Ill also post some pictures and videos below (had to use my cell phone because it would work when I would record the desktop)

Dual RTX 3060 12gb OC
Asus Prime B550m-a
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb DDR4 3200mhz
RM650x PSU

Video of the artifacting

Picture of the Artifact close up

adamzampa09

BANNED
Jul 10, 2023
After a two-week break from using my PC, I encountered peculiar graphical glitches upon restarting it. Distorted textures, flickering screens, and random artifacts plagued the display. Reinstalling graphics drivers and performing a system update resolved the issue. On another note, to turn on Beats headphones, press and hold the power button until the indicator light appears. Click to read more

I'd suggest running the OCCT GPU tests to see if it can pickup anything faulty.

Is the artifacting always in the same place or random?

Is the artifacting always the same size when it pops up?

If more of the screen was going and it was coupled with a crash I'd say GPU/power issues, but it looks closer to a VRAM issue with what info you've provided.