Question Computer is bugging out, corrupted display ?

D

Deleted member 2731765

Not sure what’s going on, but can anyone explain why after a few minutes my computer does this?
View: https://imgur.com/a/O1vwIew

What are your PC specs ? Same as your signature/SIG ? Always provide FULL PC specs, and the description of the problem.

You can't expect others to assume your specs, and what's going on with the issue you might be facing. A detailed description of the issue might be helpful to the community to lend a helping hand.

Are you running the system's igpu instead though ?

But anyway, looking at the screenshot, I think that this might be a corrupted Video card memory related issue, most likely a GPU VRAM corruption problem. Those colored pixels, dots, squares, and checkerboard graphics could also be a sign of failing video card and/or it's memory.

Assuming you are running a discrete GPU, and not the integrated graphics processor.

But without knowing any details it's kind of hard to jump on any conclusion. Which PSU do you have ? When does this distorted screen issue occur ? During heavy benchmarks and gaming ?

Last edited by a moderator:

MozerallaCheese

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2016
Thanks for your responses. In answer to the question, yes I am using my iGPU currently. I’ve not got another cable to test but this cable has worked a week ago previously on both my work and home laptop. The monitor is also new so shouldn’t be causing issues either. My system specs are also in my signature. I’m currently trying to save up for a graphics card but they’re expensive 😅 the glitching issue is very random. Sometimes I can last an hour or two, or sometimes it’ll happen in a minute. I’ll see about getting a new cable when I’m back home. I was hoping it would be more software related but it seems that it might actually be hardware… the PSU I have is the Corsair HX1000i 80 plus platinum

MozerallaCheese

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2016
Thanks for your responses. In answer to the question, yes I am using my iGPU currently. I’ve not got another cable to test but this cable has worked a week ago previously on both my work and home laptop. The monitor is also new so shouldn’t be causing issues either. My system specs are also in my signature. I’m currently trying to save up for a graphics card but they’re expensive 😅 the glitching issue is very random. Sometimes I can last an hour or two, or sometimes it’ll happen in a minute. I’ll see about getting a new cable when I’m back home. I was hoping it would be more software related but it seems that it might actually be hardware… the PSU I have is the Corsair HX1000i 80 plus platinum
I also can’t heavy game yet as the UH770 graphics chip in the CPU isnt exactly powerful. Its crashed before just browsing the internet.