Odd hardware issue, what should I do?

416Tricks

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
Hey all,

I have an issue that is causing my computer to freeze while watching YouTube videos, playing games, or after sleep mode. This all started after my motherboard burned out and I sent it in for warranty repair.

Let me start with my current system:

AMD FX 8350
MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard
MSI GeForce 970 4G Gaming
8GB Hyper X Black 1600 MHz
EVGA SuperNova 1000W 80 Plus Gold Rated
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SATA
Seagate Desktop HD 1TB
Antec Kuhler H20 950
Windows 7 64-Bit

What I have tried:

1) Reinstalled my audio and video drivers after completely removing all traces of them. - DIDN'T WORK

2) Removed my PCI drivers and reinstalled after completely removing all traces of them. - DIDN'T WORK

3) Reset my router and modem. - DIDN'T WORK

4) Replaced my 2 AMD R9 270x GPUs with a new MSI GeForce 970 4G Gaming. Removed all AMD drivers and replaced with new Nvidia ones. - DIDN'T WORK

5) Completely reformatted my hard drives, and reinstalled my original Windows 7 64-bit from Windows 10 64-Bit. - DIDN'T WORK

I am thinking it may be my motherboard, or perhaps the power supply. Not sure what I should do next? Any suggestions?

Solution
It probably is your motherboard since the problems started happening after your motherboard was repaired. I'm not sure what the exact problem may be, but my guess is that the repair wasn't 100% successful, and it's manifesting itself in these bugs.

Aspiring techie

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
It probably is your motherboard since the problems started happening after your motherboard was repaired. I'm not sure what the exact problem may be, but my guess is that the repair wasn't 100% successful, and it's manifesting itself in these bugs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS