[SOLVED] Oem software install

Dec 21, 2018
I brought win7 pro oem version from amazon and install in my desktop. Now my desktop is dead, so I have to buy a new pc. Is this possible to install oem win7 in my new system??

Solution
You can install it, but you won't be able to activate it. That will be entirely up to Microsoft. Pre-Windows 10, all OEM versions were tied to the first motherboard you installed the OS onto. Per the license agreement, they could not be transferred to a new computer, though, at times, Microsoft has been lenient and allowed the transfer to happen. Back in the day, you had to call Microsoft and request reactivation.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You can install it, but you won't be able to activate it. That will be entirely up to Microsoft. Pre-Windows 10, all OEM versions were tied to the first motherboard you installed the OS onto. Per the license agreement, they could not be transferred to a new computer, though, at times, Microsoft has been lenient and allowed the transfer to happen. Back in the day, you had to call Microsoft and request reactivation.

-Wolf sends

Solution