Ofcom Announces Plans for UK's 4G Spectrum Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Last time after 3G auction a few European telcos went bankrupt and thousands of people lost their jobs. Looks like history will repeat itself. These folks just don't learn anything, they will milk the cow till it dies. Additionally euro doesn't look strong at the moment.
Spectrum is like air, gov'ts don't make spectrum, it's just available to use since big bang. They shouldn't charge exorbitant money for it.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Did 4G solve battery draining problem? I have no problem with 3G speed in phone, I have problem with my battery drying out just so fast.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]Last time after 3G auction a few European telcos went bankrupt and thousands of people lost their jobs. Looks like history will repeat itself. These folks just don't learn anything, they will milk the cow till it dies. Additionally euro doesn't look strong at the moment[/citation]
This is in the UK and none of their telco's went bust, also the UK is not in the Euro, it uses the Pound (£)
Just because it is part of the continent of Europe, it is not Euro-zone - you should be able to appreciate the subtle difference between USA and Canada despite both being on the continent of North America
UK is doing just fine thanks, don't lump us all in together with Greece, Portugal, Spain and all these other failed Euro currency experiment nations

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]This is in the UK and none of their telco's went bust, also the UK is not in the Euro, it uses the Pound (£)...Just because it is part of the continent of Europe, it is not Euro-zone - you should be able to appreciate the subtle difference between USA and Canada despite both being on the continent of North America...UK is doing just fine thanks, don't lump us all in together with Greece, Portugal, Spain and all these other failed Euro currency experiment nations[/citation]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecoms_crash

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecoms_crash[/citation]
People lost jobs, no UK based Telcos went bust
The previous operators Vodafone, Orange, Tmobile, O2 and "3" all remained operational
Most of the expensive telecoms infrastructure was being placed by BT, so none of the Mobile Telcos had to stump up for that, only the airwaves auction, BT made good money too as they had a virtual monopoly on highspeed internet and customers that went to alternate vendors still used their equipment as it is leased to the other people through the LLU programs
And the UK still isn't in the Euro, but good Wiki searching, maybe you should live in the UK like I do instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS