Question Offercore Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
Hey!

About a month ago i installed cheat engine on my computer and i right after i thought it was a bad idea and just removed it, but today i saw it says "potential virus - offercore" in my windows defender, im worried that i actually have a virus now, what do you guys think? Here is the exact name: PUADlmanager:win32/offercore
(Windows defender says it find it as a virus but the treat level is low, but when i move it to the quarantine or remove it through the windows defender, it still stays there)
Anyone? Thanks <3

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
If it is still showing up in Windows Defender, it may be getting put back during a reboot with system restore. This used to happed a lot with Windows 7 and the fix is sort of simple

Turn off System Restore
Open Windows Defender and delete the file in quarantine
Exit Windows Defender
Reboot the computer
Open Windows Defender and do a complete system scan
If it doesn't detect anything:
Reboot and turn System Restore back on

If it still detects it, you may have to use follow the full instructions that I posted as it uses a combination of programs (Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, RKill, AdvClean. etc)

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
If it is still showing up in Windows Defender, it may be getting put back during a reboot with system restore. This used to happed a lot with Windows 7 and the fix is sort of simple

Turn off System Restore
Open Windows Defender and delete the file in quarantine
Exit Windows Defender
Reboot the computer
Open Windows Defender and do a complete system scan
If it doesn't detect anything:
Reboot and turn System Restore back on

If it still detects it, you may have to use follow the full instructions that I posted as it uses a combination of programs (Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, RKill, AdvClean. etc)

I have windows 11, but turning off system restore, what does that mean and what will happen? What do u think happends if i literally just ignore it and leave it as it is?

Edit: I tried the things above btw, but its still there, do i need to do anything about it tho? It says treat level is low and its been there for months now

Last edited:

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
If you don't want to turn of system restore, that's fine. Windows Defender should allow you to remove it once it is in quarantine. You could also boot into safe mode and see if Defender will delete it from there. Leaving it in quarantine is OK since its been there for months.

Defender should tell you what what file is infected. If it's a .dll - System Restore flags it as a system file and automatically replaces it every time on reboot.

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
If you don't want to turn of system restore, that's fine. Windows Defender should allow you to remove it once it is in quarantine. You could also boot into safe mode and see if Defender will delete it from there. Leaving it in quarantine is OK since its been there for months.

Defender should tell you what what file is infected. If it's a .dll - System Restore flags it as a system file and automatically replaces it every time on reboot.

Eyyyy, i dont know what i did, but after a few restarts of my computer i scanned again in the windows defender and its not showing up anymore :) I also used eset online scanner and malwerbytes and it doesn't show up anywhere now :D. Once again, not sure what i did tbh haha, but its not there anymore and thank you so much for your time! <3 Have a wonderful weekend!
//Zickan

Status
Not open for further replies.