Office 2010 Hits Release to Manufacturing Milestone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
[citation][nom]denise100[/nom]Amazon apparently has some serious discounts on Office 2010 if you get a product keycard instead of the physical editions. The prices seem pretty good to me given that we are talking about full versions here and not upgrade versions.[/citation]
I checked out that Product Key Card deal, and it is good... for 1 PC. The standard retail Home & Student edition is licensed for up to 3 PCs, so a much better deal if you have more than one machine (like me).

randomizer

Champion

The file extensions won't change but the actual file structure will. Office Open XML won't be finalised until the next version of Office. Yes, they need 3 versions of Office to roll out a new file format that could have been replaced by the OpenDocument Format instead :lol:

I'm more interested in Visual Studio 2010. I only realised yesterday that it was released a short time ago :)

Status
Not open for further replies.