[SOLVED] office computer with built in speakers?

vyuken

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2014
hello in many places of business i know that there are older computers being used by staff and public that have built in speakers. as in, if u do not have anything plugged in, you can still hear videos from youtube playing directly from the computer desktop tower. these were usually branded dell or hp.

what is this called? how do i search for this when buying one. i keep searching for internal speakers but only get installation tutorials for the little buzzer/beeper.

i am trying to find an hp desktop, one from staples specifically, but i do not know how to find this feature. also im hoping it has a dvd drive.

USAFRet

Titan
Laptops and All In Ones have built in speakers.

Long ago, some of the home systems had matched speakers that attached to the monitor. Packard Bell was one such.

But I've not seen anything Dell/HP/etc with speakers built into a desktop.

vyuken

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2014

USAFRet

Titan
Solution

vyuken

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2014

jonbuder

Commendable
May 3, 2020
I've got an HP EliteDesk 800 G1 right next to me and it has a built-in speaker in the case. A lot of the "small form factor" desktops for business use have them. My old Core 2 Duo HP/Compaq desktop I'm running at home as a pfSense firewall machine also has one.

From the manual of the EliteDesk, the HP part number is 645330-001. I see a few available online.

If you want to add one to a machine that wasn't designed for it, the motherboard might not have pins for an internal speaker.

They are not very loud or high quality. Mostly useful for notification sounds when you get a new email or something like that.