[SOLVED] Office Word (2019): Selecting all elements in a document (including text boxes)

Feb 16, 2021
So, I've noticed that when I do CTRL + A, the text boxes aren't selected for formatting (for example, if I want to change the text color/size or the proofreading language for the entire document - including the text boxes).

How do I do this (how do I select all text boxes as well), without a macro script?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
ok they moved it again. if you highlight the cells or the whole table, right click and select table properties. there is a "cell" tab and then an "options" button. click that and it has the wrap text option.

good news is select it once and it stays for every new table you make. you can also use the autofit right click option if you make the cells a specific size or whatever. but wrap text will always be on once you turn it on.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
text boxes are actually treated as pictures and have to be formatted individually as you go. i don't know of a way to mass change inside text boxes.

i use tables myself a lot which can be changed like you want. i am pretty sure you can't do what you are looking to do in a simple manner :(

Reactions: Sohom
D

Deleted member 14196

You can use templates to modify the style and then change the styles of the headers and the text and all that other than that I don’t think you can do what you want

Feb 16, 2021
text boxes are actually treated as pictures and have to be formatted individually as you go. i don't know of a way to mass change inside text boxes.

i use tables myself a lot which can be changed like you want. i am pretty sure you can't do what you are looking to do in a simple manner :(

Is there an option like wrap behind/over/etc. for tables (like with text boxes)?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
ok they moved it again. if you highlight the cells or the whole table, right click and select table properties. there is a "cell" tab and then an "options" button. click that and it has the wrap text option.

good news is select it once and it stays for every new table you make. you can also use the autofit right click option if you make the cells a specific size or whatever. but wrap text will always be on once you turn it on.

Solution
Feb 16, 2021

Well there's only a Wrap Text checkbox to check/uncheck. There aren't multiple options. This function does not allow for the table top be placed Behind Text/In Front of Text etc. With Text Boxes, there're Wrap options for Square, Tight, Through, Top and Bottom, Behind Text, In Front of Text etc.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that is true. it is not designed to do that since it is not a "picture" type item.

you may have to just deal with text boxes if that's what will do what you need. or with some googling you might find a plug in that will allow it to do exactly what you want.