office XP deployment using GPO(Computer Config)

David

hi!

I tried to deploy officeXP on one of my testing PC(OU level) usiing the proplus.msi which i copied the entire contents from the officexp CD and shared that folder.
I'm using computer config's software installation(assign) to push the offiiceXP to that client.The result is that i can see the message "Installing mangaed software microsoft office XP Pro with frontpage after restarting the PC, but when i've logon to windows nothing happened. I go to the add/remove program there's nothing there for me to install also. Any extra steps that i need to deploy officexp through GPO's OU level? Thks in advance!

Regards
David

David,

It sounds like you didin't use the setup utility to make an admin point.
Check out these step by step directions for doing htat:
http://briandesmond.com/blog/archive/2003/10/25/233.aspx

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us