Official: Comcast to Acquire 51% Stake in NBC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor550

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Gee. I wonder how Comcast has enough $$ to pull off a purchase such as this. If we believe all the BS coming from these giants they are just losing money right and left... poor them. But, miraculously, they still managed to have some 37 billion in the pockets just in case they wanted to buy a majority share of NBC!Hey, it's cool. No need to update your internet lines to provide more bandwidth. Not like the rest of the world has faster internet speed than we do in the US. You keep spending billions of dollars at a time and simultaneously complaining that "downloaders" are hurting your bottom line. It doesn't hurt the lips to talk about of separate sides of the mouth?[/citation]

Exactly what I was thinking.

raptor550

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I'll never support Comcast, even though they have the fastest internet and the best TV in my area. I have this thing against cocksucking monopolies who hoard money and make excuses when it comes delivery time to the consumer.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Cap our net and consumption billkings cause we are broke.
FUCK YOU GREEDBAGS !!!
And screw this goverment for letting these type of things to happen.Make a big monopoly where less owns more.

ch42832n

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the comcast was losing money due to heavy-load on their network, hence forced their customers to pay tier pricing for their broadband connection...Well I guess the tier pricing scheme works in a way that now they can buy NBC...this is really really sad

G

Comcast is far and away the best isp in my area. 250GB per month cap is borderline suckage, but leaps and bounds better than Cocks. The potential is there though for them to clamp down even further and go complete Nazi. America has become a complete joke for the common man. Corporations and our government don't even try to hide how obviously corrupt they are anymore. But Mr. Roberts, we have already told the public we are loosing money every month(LIE) because people are downloading to much pRons on da interwebs. Like I give 2 sheets what we have told the public, BUY NBC NOWZ!!!

peteve

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
NBC has been on sale for a while now as GE has a leadership quote that it lives by..."rank #1 or #2 or fix it or sell it". NBC was a fixer and it didn't happen. so GE is selling it.

this is a joint merge, not a complete buy out. the two are merging and comcast gets 51% which is control of the new company. GE gets a failing business a start on it's way out of its portfolio and a good start for NBC instead of just dumping them. from GE's and NBC's sides, this is GREAT news. as for the comcast side and the customer's side, well, all of your posts above say it all.

but good move GE.

Status
Not open for further replies.