Official Specs for the Asus Eee Keyboard Revealed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnanster

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
This stuff will only make sense from a "portable" use when the unit can communicate to a larger screen wireless-ly. Wireless charging is another requirement. It just isn't portable when you have to keep plugg'in it in to stuff.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Spendy but I like the overall idea. A pc inside the keyboard with a multitouch display and wireless video signal, I think that's cool as hell. Bring the price down and bump it up to run win7 and it could be alright for the 0 PC household (my parents).

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
so its an overpriced netbook thats somehow more expensive and with less battery life despite its lack of a usable built in screen and the standalone capability that it would provide? The atom won't be able to handle much of any flash, except the lowest of quality maybe. The graphics chipset wouldnt be able to play even 720p videos, unless with coreavc, and even then it wouldnt be smooth. Either way, watching any sort of streamed/HD media would drain the battery in 2 hours tops, given that the max is 4 hours (probably measured when just browsing or typing word docs, or when totally idle).

I usually love Asus' products, but these are horrible specs, horrible design, horrible price. Who is this supposed to appeal to? ppl who want to browse the internet at netbook speeds on a hdtv? it sure doesnt work as a home theater pc or anything media related.

mwoller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
[citation][nom]HalJordan[/nom]I can see the potential, however, 4 hour battery life...that is barely enough for the extended version of "The Fellowship of the Ring". If you want to hang out all weekend watching TV, and bumming around the internet, I see many trips to the AC charger in your future.[/citation]

I'm not super certain this is meant as a laptop or an ultra-portable. And if you're planning on watching a 4+ hour movie on it, you're probably going to have it plugged in to begin with - this is more geared toward people who don't want or are able to have the bulk of a tower. Why there's ANY built in battery life, I don't know.

babachoo

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009

How can you say it's geared towards people who don't have room for a tower PC? This thing only has a 16GB SSD, with the option of a 32GB. That's barely enough to store an OS and a couple movies.

G

Point of Sale terminals have been available like this for years. This is just upgraded hardware with a fancier touch pad. For this price point I would like something a bit more than the atom processor and 16gb of ssd storage.

I can see how useful this could be, but not with these current hardware specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.