Oh no, another fine site that has become too super heavy!!!

coolsti

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
It has been a while since I have used the Tom's hardware website, which I by the way find quite useful and filled with great information.

The current, new website design sure looks good, yes. But it is way to heavy!!! It takes an irritatingly long time for each page to be loaded into my Windows 2000 PC. I would welcome having the old design back!

I find it unfortunate that today's web designers try to make use of all the new web design tricks and trinkets without giving any consideration to how heavy they are making the web site. I for one am here for information, not fancy displays :)

Tom's Hardware site is not the only site that has migrated to a very heavy design! Seems like I soon have to upgrade to a super computer in order to do any reasonable surfing.

Even this edit page for entering a forum post is totally annoying :)

Ok I vented. Now I can go and see if the page I was trying to look at has finished loading.

(By the way, this is not a bandwidth problem, it is a problem of the many plugins and the time it takes for the browser to render all the page components).

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
tried enabling the compression system that is supported here ? look in your profile for it.

ps. I disagree with you on design - this design is hopeless. I've already forgotten how the old design was, but I strongly dislike this gray, light gray and white with a touch of red and black text. It's neither easy to read nor very good looking.