Question Ok, having issues with shutdowns and temps (semi-new build, about 2 months).

NaSMaX

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
Ok first off this is my loadout:
LIANLI GALAHAD 360 SILVER AIO 17
G.SKILL 32G 2X D5 6000 C36 FX B
AMD AMD RYZEN 7 7700X WO COOL
ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI
MSI RTX3080 GMN Z TRI 10G L
WD 1TB SN770 BLACK NVME
EVGA 850GA 80+G FM ATX PSU

So I've been running a my PC on high aettings now that I should be able to for about 2 months now, however recently I've been getting shutdowns while gaming (mostly 4k skyrim). I have the case fans setup with the front fans blowing in and the top and back fans blowing out. My temps have been about 190-200 under heavy load. I switched to EXPO about a week ago because my PC was shutting down every few minutes and that helped. However, now its happening again (just not as frequently). Any ideas? Anything more I can check?

NaSMaX

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
ok, the case is LIANLI LANCOOL II MESH PRF MT TG
the fans have the AIO mounted in the front blowing air in, with two fans on the top and one at the back blowing air out.

NaSMaX

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
Might want to view this:
View: https://youtu.be/wnRyyCsuHFQ

Might want to also source(borrowed, not bought) a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU to power your build and see if the issue persists.

Make and model of your case and the orientation of the fans for your airflow within case?
So what I'm getting from the video its a [redacted vulgarity] from both the GPU and PSU companies not playing well together and I will just have to bite the bullet and buy a stronger PSU? Damn...I just dropped $1000 on the build three months ago...

Last edited by a moderator:

DSzymborski

Titan
So what I'm getting from the video its a [redacted vulgarity] from both the GPU and PSU companies not playing well together and I will just have to bite the bullet and buy a stronger PSU? Damn...I just dropped $1000 on the build three months ago...

I'm not sure why this would be causing your temperature issues. Now, the PSU may be a problem, but it's enough wattage and a modern topology, and we're not at that point (though I'm naturally suspicious of an Andyson-built PSU).

NaSMaX

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
I'm not sure why this would be causing your temperature issues. Now, the PSU may be a problem, but it's enough wattage and a modern topology, and we're not at that point (though I'm naturally suspicious of an Andyson-built PSU).
Ok so thats not my problem? Could it be the cooler?